Ms. Michelle Tan, Head of English
Department, English Tutor
Ms. Michelle Tan
Head of Department of English – Secondary level
- CELTA Certificate of English Teaching, Cambridge University
- Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance), Royal Melbourne
Institute of Technology
- 8 years of coaching and mentoring experience
- Lecturer and subject co-ordinator, O level English Tuition,
The Annexe Project
- Creator of AEIS Preparatory Programme
- Author of AEIS revision assessment book
Mastering the English language may seem like a daunting task to many but under the direction and tutelage of Michelle, English studies are made easy and enjoyable at The Annexe Project. Having worked with both local and international students, Michelle has ample experience helping ESL learners grasp the finer points of a new language as well as guiding native English speakers in their quest to perfect their language skills. As the head tutor in the English department, Michelle is proud of the many success stories The Annexe Project has created with students sitting for the high-stakes N-level, O-level and AEIS examinations.
What Her Students Say About Her
- Tristan LooNgee Ann Secondary SchoolAlthough it was a last-minute decision to take up English tuition with Michelle, she never gave up on me and had complete faith in me! I think this new-found confidence in me was the last ingredient that completed the dish and eventually I scored an A2 for my N-levels English. I would have never achieved this feat within a short span of 2 months if I hadn’t agreed to this crash course with Michelle, and for this, I’m forever grateful to her. Thank you!
- Mazel Ling Yu JingO-Level English Class of 2017The quality of the English lessons at The Annexe project is excellent. Not only are they engaging, they are also effective. My English tutor, Michelle is extremely committed to her teaching. I would like to express my sincere thanks to The Annexe Project and of course, Michelle for helping me to clinch the 'A' grade which I once thought was unattainable.
- Li Yu BeiColeman CollegeTuition with Michelle is the main reason why I passed my AEIS exam. I really love studying with Michelle because the way she teaches me is really methodical and clear. I really thank Michelle because she helped me make my dream of studying in a government school come true and I have no regrets on my learning journey in Singapore!
- Emma Wang KaiyiAEIS English Class of 2016Michelle really helped me a lot with vocabulary. She taught me which words and expressions were important and gave me some exercises so that I could revise what I had learnt. This gave me a lot of confidence. At the tuition centre, not only can you get new knowledge but you can also get important study tips from Michelle. I really recommend having Michelle as a tutor!